boss syb-5 with expression pedal Boss FV-500L (setup)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowtom, Nov 23, 2013.

1. lowtom

lowtom

A setup question for expression pedal

I am new to expression pedal and synth bass. i want to setup the boss volume pedal as a expression pedal for the boss syb-5 pedal. but it doesn´t work. so i quess i am not really doing it right.

here my setup so far:
    so i go from the input from the amp to the mono output (A) of the SYB-5. From there i got out of the input on the SYB-5 into my bass. the express option (EXP) from the syb-5 is connected with the expression BOSS FV-500L. The Volume on the BOSS FV-500L is on "Minimum" as written in the description.

but when i turn it on the SYB-5 is working but the expression pedal doesn´t make any difference. So i think something is wrong with the setup.

Anyone has any advice for me? Thank you.
  2. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I think you have to use a stereo chord to make it work
  3. lowtom

lowtom

that would make sense i quess. gotta buy one and try it again.

Thanks.
  4. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lowtom

lowtom

Thanks for the advice, although i don´t really understand this. Because the signal only can be mono? Or is it, cause you have the mono signal in one output and the other goes to the expression pedal? So kind of stereo?

And whats a "stereo 1/4 phone plug" is it a usual effect cable, just stereo?
  7. lowtom

lowtom

So meanwhile i got a stereo cable to connect the SYB-5 with the Boss FV-500L. Doesn´t work either. What am i missing here?

Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
  8. negativefx

negativefx complete hack Gold Supporting Member

A "stereo" cable is a TRS. A "mono" cable is a TS. You need a TRS.
  9. lowtom

lowtom

10. lowtom

lowtom

So today i tried some things, still doesn´t work. But i noticed if i plug the stereo cable into the EXP on the volume/Exp pedal and on the EXP on he SYB-5 it sound different. but still no reaction in the volume pedal. so i quess some signal is there.

and setup still goes: from the input from the amp to the mono output (A) of the SYB-5. From there i got out of the input on the SYB-5 into my bass. and the stereo cable connects the exp plug of the volume with the exp plug on the SYB-5. i don´t get it why it isnt working. the pedals work each fine when they are solo. the volume pedal and the syb-5. and i tried more than one cable. Any advice left?
  11. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Can't really help, man. All I can say is I have a Boss EV5 and it works great
  12. lowtom

lowtom

Is your setup like mine? (considering to be the expression and effect pedal the only ones you would have) and its all mono cable, except the expression connection?
  13. lowtom

lowtom

Finally it works. Don´t know what it was, but thank you all.