1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Boss VF-1 Editor / Librarian software?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stflbn, Mar 11, 2008.

1. stflbn

stflbn

Has anyone ever ran across an Editor / Librarian that works with the Boss VF-1? I've recently acquired one and really miss the software editor and librarian abilities that exists with things like the Roland VG-88, Pod's, etc.
  2. RyFi

RyFi

I know this post is ancient history, but I figured I'd create an account here to spread the word just to make sure that all VF-1 users who've been searching for an editor know that this one now exists:

http://www.auralnebula.net/VF-1 Editor/

It comes up near the top on Google, but you never know who's given up on searching after the 10 years this thing went without a proper editor...

:cool:
  3. Bajosintrastos

Bajosintrastos

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Yamaha and Mayoness Basses. EBS Amps/Effects
    Hi, the server at this one is down at this time.
    Can I get it from anybody? I really appreciate it!
    Thanks!!
  4. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Supporting Member

Hi RyFi Sending a pm
  5. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    The author of the editor just posted an updated build directly to the BOSS VF-1 Yahoo Group which is where the installer will now be hosted. You can access the group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bossvf1/

I never personally latched onto the editor. My recollection is it could not physically save the patches to the VF-1, you had to do that manually. So you're stuck using the hardware for some of the patch editing regardless.

With the editor you could only edit the parameters in real-time, which I suppose is helpful since you can see them all on a computer screen instead of the back-n-forth menu diving on the VF-1 itself. However, I find the VF-1 user interface to be pretty easy and fast to use, thus just continue to do all of my editing directly on the hardware.
  6. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up, gastric
  7. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Source Audio BETA tester
    That group is really the ONLY place you'll be able to get any type of user-generated about the VF-1. The product is very old now, and even on that group there's very little recent activity. I still personally own two of them, and might start using them with some Roland V-Drums in the near future. Here's my personal page that has some sound samples as well as a few patches shared: http://cgraham.com/chris/music/bass/vf-1/