1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bought DD-3 off CL...LED on, Direct Out works, output stays silent. WHY?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazzonlyjazz, Feb 14, 2014.

1. jazzonlyjazz

jazzonlyjazz

Recently bought a used digital delay pedal off Craigslist.

Good condition but when I went home to test it out the light came on but no signal from the output. No delay effect no sound. I plugged it into the direct out and it works fine so I have a feeling it's some sort of internal problem.

I'm afraid to take apart the pedal in case I make things worse.

Has anyone had this problem before? I really need to get it fixed ASAP. I looked on Google and most forums said it was a dry joint or some kind of diode being fried or something. I'm no electronic geek so I don't know what the problem is. I have no money to get it fixed or buy a new pedal off my music store. If it is a solder problem I can just go to my nearby high school and ask to use their soldering irons; I've done it before with my bass's output Jack that was ripped off.

Yes I've tested my cables. Not the issue.

Yes I took it apart to see for any bad connections or such.
    - I did see a white white connected to the output, but only the white wire. Not sure if some other wire should be connected as well.

No I haven't tried going to L&M to see about getting it fixed. I called them and they said the repair costs are gonna be pretty big so she recommended getting a new pedal if that was the case.

Yes I searched on Google about it. Tons of electronic talk that I had no idea what was being said.

Yes I did look at the schematics. All mumbo-jumbo.

Whenever I plug in a cable to the other sockets, I encounter some resistance before it goes in all the way (some metal thing inside that keeps it from plugging smoothly in (idk why). The output one slides in way too easily without much friction from the metal thingie.

I'm lost now. Any suggestions or advice?