1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bought Ibanez White SRX2EX2 and Need to know what size pickups I can use

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LucianValhalla, Feb 1, 2014.

1. LucianValhalla

LucianValhalla

Hello, I hope this isn't a stupid question but I would like to get different pickups with a metal sound with that clarity and metallic tone bright but with low end, I was thinking something like EMGS or Seymours, I have no clue what would be better and I am afraid to order without knowing if they would fit in my Ibanez SRX2EX2 bass, I am limited on money and im trying to find something used. Thank you for your time hope I can find something. I am a vocalist for my main band but I play bass and sing in a new Thrash band, Im trying to get that tone for a decent price

2. rubendlr

rubendlr Supporting Member

Sorry nobody's replied to you. Looks like a standard soapbar size. My guess would be EMG 35 or 40 size. But that's just from eyeballing. I actually am curious myself. Ibanez uses alot of these weird homegrown pickups. What would be helpful would be if you could whip out a ruler and get dimensions in inches and mm. This page from the old Bartolini site has all the dimensions of their 4 sting pickups -http://www.bartolini.net/information/bass/new_bass_pu_s4.htm . The M3 is the same as EMG 35. The other common soapbars is their MK1/4 size and ther BC size. There are other brands that fit those as well. Find the measurements and post them and I'd be happy to help you out. If it is truly something weird, there are some pickup guys who can rewind them for you. Don't despair!