1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bound & Blocked Rosewood Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by thebrian, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrian

thebrian Still can't think of anything good to put here. Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

[​IMG]

SOLD!

Let me start by saying that this is not a Fender-made neck (at least I don't think so) and it is not vintage. But, it is a very nice '70s replica. I'm not sure of the manufacturer, but a previous owner put a late '60s/70s Fender "TV" headstock decal on it and finished over it, with an amber tint on the front of the headstock only - just like a real Fender neck from this era would have. The face of the headstock is also aged with some finish checking. The back of the neck is finished in satin (not gloss) and has no significant dings or blemishes, so it's very smooth and a pleasure to play! Very cool looking wood grain pattern too!

One thing that's cool about this neck is that it has vintage-size frets like a pre-CBS. So it has kind of a cool combo of late '60s look with early '60s feel. The headstock is drilled for the 60s/70s style stamped "Fender" tuners. I believe that hole pattern is the same for the Kluson style reverse tuners too, but I'm not 100% certain. I know the '66-70s style fit it.

This neck was also recently PLEK'd (frets leveled) so it plays wonderfully. The truss rod works fine and the frets have no visible wear. No issues.

$350 OBO Shipped (CONUS)
    Paypal or Money Order Accepted.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL PHOTO ALBUM (11 pics)

[​IMG]
  2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

What's the fretboard radius?
  3. thebrian

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

I'm not 100% sure but it look a bit flatter than my vintage Jazz necks. I would say 9".

EDIT: I think it's 9.5" (that would be more likely).
  4. thebrian

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

Neck is sold!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.