Bow quiver help

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by dbass87, Jan 5, 2014.

1. dbass87

dbass87

I recently got a Reunion Blues bow quiver for my bass and have tied it on but am wondering what some of you all use to hold yours securely to the tailpiece so you don't have to keep re-tying it? I tie it through the E string hole at the top and around the tailgut at the bottom but once I carry the bass around in the bag or something the quiver comes loose again.
  2. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Tie square knots, pull them tight w/ pliers, and put a dab of Krazy glue in the knot.
  3. Simandl Fan

Simandl Fan

Mine came with leather thongs for ties, which eventually broke. Now I use laces from hockey skates.
  4. dbass87

dbass87

Thanks for the replies, Salcott and Simandl fan. I used the square knot idea and then added some plastic zip ties to sort of batten down the knots, and for the bottom part a hair tie was included to help anchor the quiver down at the angle I needed, which was also supported by another plastic tie. We're thinking if i add a shoe lace, running from the top thong ties to the bottom it should help anchor the bottom as well.
  5. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Disclosures:
    Setup and repair/KRUTZ Strings
    If you can move the lower tie from the edge about an inch along the back and tie it to the tailpiece cable, that will put the quiver onto the bottom of the tailpiece. You could do this by making two small holes and running the lace through. That little change will anchor the quiver very well and it won't move because the edge is tight against the front of the tailpiece. I use simple leather latigo lace which is like leather boot lacing and square knots, sometimes tying a double knot. I've made several quivers and these things have worked well for me.
    YMMV, TEHO, etc...............
  6. robobass

robobass

Disclosures:
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Funny, I have leather cords on my quiver and just tie shoelace knots. I've never had them come loose.
  7. martin durkin

martin durkin

I keep the top tied with a shoelace, and the bottom end with the buckle and strap. I have an Archer quiver. I don't tie it too tight, or tuck it behind the tailpiece as I think it dampens vibrations if tucked in too tight. Also I find that if the quiver is able to move, it flops forward when you put the bass on its side. This allows the bow to stay clear of the bridge wings, so the hairs do not get tangled in the wings. Also a bit of movement is an advantage IMO when putting the bass in a soft padded case. If it does work loose I tie a bow again. I tie it through the G and D string holes.