Brag about not having kids

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BurningSkies, Dec 10, 2013.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

This thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f34/brag-about-your-kids-976253/
    ...would have you believe that kids are the best things ever. But what some of us know, is that NOT having kids can be pretty awesome too! How about bragging about all the things YOU can do that you couldn't, if you had kids!

We often go away for spur of the moment weekend trips. Or go out to dinner without ever needing a sitter. Cocktails can be had all week long if you want!

...don't even mention that we don't have to lock our bedroom door, or even close it for that matter. Besides, sleeping in is pretty sweet. :D
  2. carl h.

carl h.

Nope, can't do it. Having kids IS great - if you make good ones.
  3. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius Supporting Member

Im 46, never been married, and no kids. I consider my basses as my kids.
    I love being able to do what I want when I want. I took off on a 10 day, 3000 mile solo motorcycle trip last summer. ......because I could.
    My current girlfriend has two adopted special needs kids so im in the midst of a 180. ....I still get to do (mostly) what I want.
    :)
    I still have to shut the bathroom door when im at my house. If I dont my dog sits there and stares at me!
  4. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Think about all the gear you could buy for the price of college...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    A great perspective will come from someone who had kids, and they have now grown up and moved out.

-Mike
  7. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius Supporting Member

Exactly. I'm saving a kid the heartache of not being able to go to college. :)
  8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Do you tell them you love them and kiss them goodnight?
  9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    I have a full assortment of weekends and weeknights to do as I please after work, and with more disposable income due to having only the expenses that my girlfriend and I incur.
  10. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

Note: I had just posted this over on the "Brag about your kids" thread but may be better here in this newer thread.
    My wife and I elected not have kids many years ago. So we always have had a dog instead. So here is my brag.
    Our current rescue dog, "Lucky" has never crapped or pissed in the house, never chewed anything up, never has said" I hate you, I hate you," is always glad to hang with mom and dad, is always excited to see me when I get home. He is fixed so I don't have worry about him getting some female pregnant. Does not do drugs. Requires no cell phone, never ask for the car keys and I don't have to send him to college. All in all, my wife are very happy with our lives without kids. We would do it over the same if given the chance

[​IMG]

We're going to send my wife back to college rather than sending kids.

...we also have a white carpet in the living room without any fear.
  12. StevieMac

StevieMac

+1

My wife and I have been together almost 27 years now and we chose not to have kids. It’s not for everyone but we couldn’t be happier with our decision. The freedom is wonderful and there’s always cash available for a new bass when the GAS hits.
  13. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Slaps 'em and chokes their necks.
  14. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

the only one from the OP that actually applies is not having to lock the bedroom door. try harder.
  15. BurningSkies

The nanny looks after the kids while you're out and about I suppose? ;)

Are they older? We don't have a lock on our liquor cabinet either. I've never had to buy any of the cheap plastic crap that's all over the houses of my friends and family with kids.

We also rarely get colds, flu or 'stomach bugs'.
  16. bass geetarist

bass geetarist Supporting Member

I'm a sad old spinster man with no kids. Still find it hard to get enough time to work on music projects, but this would be harder with kids. Fortunately, many of my friends have kids, so I can pop by, make em giggle, feel fulfilled, and leave my friends to do all the dirty work (cleaning, discipline...)
  17. lilcrate

lilcrate Supporting Member

I do what I want, when I want. I have disposable income. I have way more time to jam than my friends that have children. I walk around the house naked. Sex anytime, door open, no interruptions. I never have to worry about not meeting my own personal parental expectations.

When my nieces come over I have to really try hard not to cus. Then when they start fighting, it gets so annoying I want to shoot myself. But I do love them and would love to have kids of my own despite all that, but I'll just stick with my nieces and a couple dogs lol.
  18. BurningSkies

We have a ton of fun with the kids of our friends and/or other family. They're an awesome blast right up to the time they get cranky and tired, then we leave. :)
  19. PAC

PAC Banned

I don't have ANY regrets about our family. I don't want to start a war here, but If you could not have kids, that's one issue. If you did it to have a good time, I hope you don't regret it later in life, after the parties over.

Paul

:bassist:
  20. BurningSkies

Ah, the parental high road guilt trip!

Can you define 'later in life'.
  21. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

take your kids.
    watch your kids
    wash your hands.

next.......