1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Brag about your kids

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EricF, Apr 15, 2013.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User Gold Supporting Member

Let's hear your stories about your kids' accomplishments, good deeds, or other amazing activities. (Grandparents can play, too!)

Here's my proud daddy moment from this weekend...

Maddie (my 8yo daughter) had a walk-off single giving her team a 6-5 win in a hard-fought game.
    [​IMG]

This is Maddie's first year playing softball, and it's been a perfect fit for her natural athletic abilities. She has quickly become one of the top players on her team, which includes some girls who have been playing for 2-3 years. Just over halfway through the season, her team is 8-1-0.
  2. DblG

DblG

While driving somewhere with my 12 year daughter old and 10 year old son we were talking about her grades and how she needs to stop watching so much TV & concentrate on her studies. She said she couldn't because she's addicted to TV. My son then asked if it had nicotine in it.
  3. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

4. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

My oldest son struck 2 kids out his first time on the mound in his first year of baseball on saturday.
  5. EricF

Awesome!
  6. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

I really wish I didn't loathe baseball.
  7. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

My oldest son and my daughter are graduating collage this spring.
    Both did it without mom & dad paying for anything (we did pay for their cell phones along with auto and health insurance).
    My son is about 20k in dept and my daughter is around 24k. Both did it while not living at home.

They have grown into hard working productive adults that do not have to rely on mom & dad to survive.

My youngest son is deeply involved in the music business and a fantastic bass player.
  8. EricF

IMO, you're doing it right. :)
  9. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

My daughter, a senior in high school was accepted at four highly competitive musical theater programs. Boston Conservatory, NYU Steinhardt, UCLA, and University of Michigan. Each program accepts approximately 10 young women and 10 young men for freshman class whittled down from thousands of applicants. Yes, she's pretty awesome
  10. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

My son and his wife invited us to their home this weekend. We had a great time tossing a football and cylcling with my grandson. We had a great meal together and played Jenga too. We love sharing our lives together.
  11. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

You should be very, very proud. :)

I've seen the converse first hand :(
  12. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

My daughter started showing me her first toothless smiles last week :)
  13. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho

My daughter has three kids, her youngest is 4, and she ran her first half-marathon a few weeks ago.
  14. bmc

bmc

Our eldest daughter has three weeks to go to completing a masters degree at the Paris School of International Affairs (aka Sciences Po). She turns 25 this summer and has lived/studied in Vancouver, Bahrain, Geneva, Oslo, Kampala, Brussels and now Paris. Moves home in May to look for work. Bright kid and plays bass.

Youngest graduated last summer with undergrad in psychology at UVic on Canada's west coast. Works with special needs kids, holding down two jobs. Will do a masters in a year or two. Plays drums.

So proud of my girls. They blow me away.
  15. NWB

NWB

In his first year of kid-pitch baseball, my 8-year old son struck out six kids in his two innings on the mound. For a kid his age, he has a really strong arm and absolutely loves baseball. He's also one of the strongest hitters on his team too.
  16. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

can't brag yet, but I will in about five weeks as my wife and I are expecting our first!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:
  17. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

Congratulations! Ditto here (except I get to wait until November).
  18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

My wife and I have two daughters, age 24 and 25. Both are athletic, pretty and very smart. Both graduated from college with 3.6 or higher GPAs. Both worked 20+ hours per week all the way through college, and with some help from mom and dad, graduated from COlorado State University debt-free.

The older one is at an Internet marketing firm and is already a senior account manager handling the firm's two biggest national clients (AT&T and Comcast, plus others) and is already making a salary equal to what I made when I came to my current university job. The younger is 24, just finished an 8-month internship in February and will take her exam to become a Registered Dietician next month. She is already employed as a Clinical Dietician in a big senior rehab center.

It feels great to have two bright, attractive, capable daughters who are great people, fun to be around, and who have incredible futures in front of them.
  19. EricF

Congrats!!
  20. stratovani

stratovani

My oldest son is 26 years old, graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 2009 with a degree in Biochemistry, lives in Fall River, MA, and has a good job working at Genzyme in Framingham, MA.

My daughter is 25 years old, has a Bachelor's Degree in Art History from Framingham State University, and is currently in Scotland working on her Master's Degree in Art History at St.Andrews University.

My youngest son is 23 years old, and is currently attending Becker College in Leicester, MA, and is majoring in Graphic Design.

I'm extremely proud of my three kids. My wife and I worked hard and sacrificed a lot to make sure they had a good home, and we instilled in them the value of a good education. Those values are now coming to fruit, and they have bright futures ahead of them.