1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Brand new 'BASS TIPS SERIES' from ScottsBassLessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by devine, Feb 14, 2013.

1. devine

devine Supporting Member

Hey guys,

I've just released my first lesson of the brand new 'Bass Tip Series' from ScottsBassLessons... it's FREE, it's practical and you'll be able to use this information straight away!

Check it out now >>>]Bass Tip #1

What is the 'Bass Tip Series' I hear you ask?!

The 'Bass Tip Series' are video lessons similar to my other lessons but much shorter length. And - the information will be actionable immediately. I'm going to be giving you tips about gear, ear training, practicing, studio set-ups, getting your own sound and MUCH more.

IMPORTANT: Don't worry... The 'Bass Tip Series' will not be replacing my more in depth monthly bass lessons. There's just so much more about being a professional bass player than just playing bass, and the 'Bass Tip Series' will give me the chance to share that knowledge with you... and... I just want to give you more cool, free stuff! My usual 'BIG' bass lessons will be released as usual... in fact there's some VERY cool ones on the way!

Check it out now >>>Bass Tip #1

Over and out,

Scott ;)

PS: There's a free*downloadable backing track under the video for you* ;)
  2. StevieMac

StevieMac

Thanks Scott, I got your email this morning regarding bass tip #1 and checked it out a few minutes ago. I’ve been enjoying your lessons and finding them extremely helpful. Thanks for all the great instruction and inspiration.
  3. devine

devine Supporting Member

My pleasure man! Thanks for the support ;)

Keep an eye out because there's LOTS more coming this year!

Ezzzz,

Scott ;)
  4. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

way cool, thank you for helping others Scott. :)
  5. AMp'D.2play

AMp'D.2play Supporting Member

Great addition to your stable of lessons, Scott!

And might I add one more thing - that is quite the impressive road worn P bass you're playing. I bet if it could talk, it would have a lot of interesting stories to tell!
  6. bassdog

bassdog

Thank you Scott for your lessons and tips. This eye contact tip is soooo important and I am frustrated that some of the folks I play with just don't get this.

I, too, am curious about that bass you are playing. What you got there Scott? I'm a Fender guy btw. Going back to the shed now.

Regards,

Bob
  7. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Thank you, Scott! Great wisdom from Devine! So good of you to share with us.
  8. MetalcoreBP

MetalcoreBP

Thanks Scott. Big fan of the site. Just used it this morning.
  9. rudedog

rudedog

Thanks for sharing your great tips with us all!
  10. Tupac

Tupac

Awesome tip. I'm totally going to start using this as a way to signal the end of a solo.
  11. devine

devine Supporting Member

Glad you enjoyed the 'BassTip' guys!

@bassdog... It a Fender custom shop 59 P bass - Heavy relic.

Even though it looks ancient, it's only a few years old.

I wasn't really looking for a P bass but had the chance to try one of these 'heavy relics' out at a bass show in London last year and fell head over heels in love with the feel of the neck. It really does feel like it's been played for the last 50 years! So... a few weeks after I'd been to the bass show, this bass cropped up for sale... and that was that... true love lol! ;)

I've had SOOOO many emails about that bass since I did this video that I'm going to record a quick video just to talk through what it is and how I set the tone up etc. I'll post it on here when I've recorded it.

Ez man,

Scott ;)