1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Brand New Orange Head 'OB-1k'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Weirdo, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo

2. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Looks cool. If I hadn't just picked up a Mesa Prodigy I'd be interested but considering the $$ the Orange is going to cost, I'm really happy with the Mesa and won't be switching anytime soon.
  3. Wolffgang

Wolffgang Supporting Member

Sounds like Darkglass VMT in a much bigger box :p

But seriously, it looks pretty cool. I'm going to guess to 1k in the name allude to a kilowatt power section meaning solid state, but do we know if it's SS or tube?
  4. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
  5. Weirdo

Weirdo

Yeah, It's all SS, Their first SS infact, as far as i know.
    I'd imagine it might cost a bit, but the fact its Rack mountable is cool too. I'd personally keep the case though. I'll be trying it at my Local as soon as it hits the shelf, if i dig the sound, I'll be taking it!
  6. creis2

creis2

It's a 50 pound class D amp, it seems very impractical like their isobaric cabs. It's enormous for a class D as well.

I've been kind of hoping for a Bass Terror in a tolex sleeve like that.
  7. bh2

bh2

Is the enclosure extra mons?

Looks great... would go nice with my orange P.
  8. ITucker_034I

ITucker_034I

Anyone have any idea on price, it looks pretty interesting. Hope they bring out a slightly less powerful one though
  9. devin_bass

devin_bass

I was hoping they would make their ad200 lighter and add features to it that maake it more competitive with the latest offerings from Mesa boogie and Fender. I still love my Orange, but the Fender superbassman is great also, and Im sure the new mesa boogie tube amps sound great as well.
  10. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Looks interesting. Why is this in the Basses sub-forum and not in Amps?
  11. FranF

FranF Supporting Member