"Brand New"

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Madcity Fats, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Madcity Fats

Madcity Fats Supporting Member

Without pointing fingers, I'm really tired of seeing items listed as "brand new" in the classifieds here. Unless you're an authorized dealer and the item is coming with a full warranty, it's not brand new. At best it's in "mint condition." Think about it, if you buy something from MF or wherever, decide you don't like it without even taking it out of the box and then return it, they can't even sell it as brand new. It's listed as a "restock" so the buyer knows the difference.

I don't think people doing this are being intentionally dishonest, but it really irks me, enough so that the odds I'm going to buy that item or anything else they list in the future are extremely low.
  2. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

hilarious! i once saw a cl ad that listed a microphone as "brand new--only used once for a school talent show and then put back in the box."

some people!
  3. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium

I have a friend who is trying to sell a harmonica microphone right now, and he keeps telling people it's "brand new". I've seen him use it at probably a dozen rehearsals and gigs.
  4. murphy

murphy

I was just wondering about this as I looked at basses in the Classifieds.
    Why would someone have something brand new and not be a dealer
  5. Register to disable this ad