1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Brass balls. I mean Brass nuts!!

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington' started by Bassman197835, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Carvin dont make a Brass nut for my LB-70 and It seems like there are many types. Ive seen some ranging from 189 bucks to 8 bucks. Is there a certain brand you use? Or a certain type of Brass I should get?
  2. Bassman197835

Bassman197835

Also do you fasten them in? Usually when I change my nuts I just let the string tension hold them in place. Maybe thats a boo boo?
  3. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Almost all of the basses that I play regularly have brass nuts. And I've had them out on some of my other basses. And I have basses with nuts made from other materials like graphite, plastic, wood and bone.

I don't remember the brass nuts costing a lot. The material was cheap but having some cut/file the slots is what I remember paying for.

Let me know what you find.

peace,
    anthony