1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Breedlove Studio BJ350/SME4

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pecBass, Feb 5, 2014.

1. pecBass

pecBass

I was trying to put a set of tapes on my new acoustic, however the threads on the ends of the strings make them to thick to go through the holes in the bridge.

I do not want to drill out the holes in the bridge, but would like to play flats or tapes.

Does anyone know of some flat or tape strings that would be the same thickness as the original D'Addario EXPPBB170's.

Thanks
  2. bswag

bswag Shorty Horton Rules! Supporting Member

I put D'Addario ETB92 Tapes (50-105 gauge) on my Breedlove fretless; to be safe on the first try, I took the silks off of the ball ends (very carefully, with a sharp dental probe & fingernails). But I'm pretty sure those silks would have fit, which I'll try next time.
    My Breed has the pinless bridge with the string holes, does yours? Mine had the same strings as yours when purchased, and the Tapes haven't given me any trouble... Did you try bending the strings (gently!) at both ends to help them through the holes? Otherwise, I dunno- the only Tapes I saw of smaller gauge would be those used in the BSO "6-string" set (the 5-string set + extra, smaller string), and I believe Jason would put together a set for you of the smaller strings IF they'll work when tuned normal, I don't know, but I'll bet he does...