Brian Bromberg Carvin Model Part 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002

Media:
  2. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Whoo-hoo! Part 2!

The more I play my B25P, the harder it is to put it down...

And Happy (belated) Birthday Brian!:hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

Anyone seen one in seafoam green yet? I know Brian put in an order for one. I'm curious as to what they will look like in this color.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a Real Tomato Supporting Member

7. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Seven weeks until mine arrives!
  8. dougazbass

dougazbass Supporting Member

I am interested in ordering one of these with a walnut body. I know the body is relatively small in comparison to a Fender Jazz. Anyone have a good guess as to the weight of a B24s walnut?
    I know that I can go with a walnut top B24 but that would be another $250-300 right?
  9. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

The B24's are in the 8-8.5 pound range I think? The B25's are 9-9.5 pounds give or take? I think anyway!
  10. Battist

Battist

So i think I'm ready to order my B24 but I'm having some trouble with wood choices and maybe the pickups. I have never loved incredibly bright basses but I don't want it too mellow that it gets muddy and the highs won't speak when soloing. Im thinking a mahogany body and a maple neck. Can anyone tell me if this is a bad mistake? Im also wondering if the 5 piece necks will make the sound better compared to just a straight maple neck. thank you for anyone who can help!!
  11. dougazbass

Thanks for the reply Brian. I need to stop by the Hollywood store in a few weeks to get my hands on one and check it out. Hopefully they will have a few in stock.
  12. Grateful

They did last week when I was there. I'm going again today and will check...
  13. Grateful

I jjust went in there. They had a B24 and a B25 in orangeburst, along with a good sampling of other models.
  14. dougazbass

Cool. Thanks.:cool:
  15. tkozal

tkozal

Dont own a Bromberg but I do own Carvins with a maple neck, and with a 5 piece Koa-m-k-m-k. The 5 piece is much warmer than the maple. Both basses have Koa sides.
  16. Battist

Battist

has anyone gotten the hum buckers in a fretted yet? Im hoping to get some input on that before i order my b24 :) thanks for all the help!!
  17. Jheake

Jheake

I owned the SB5000 before they did chambered bodys, and it was too heavy so i parted ways with it. The sound was incredible and the neck was just amazing. is the neck the on the B25 the same or similar to the SB5000?

I really loved that neck.
  18. Grateful

If you like the SB500 neck, you'll like the B25 neck, IMHO. The SB is 3.0 inches at the 22nd fret, the B25 os 3.0 inches at the 24th. Very similar. The B25 and SB necks IMHO among the best feeling necks I've ever had the pleasure of playing (including Sadowsky Metros and US Laklands).
  19. Brian Bromberg

Brian Bromberg

Yo Carvin B2 guys, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us, and a Happy New Year!! Hope you all have a great 2012!
  20. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Back at ya.
  21. dgce

dgce

I have a fretted b24S with humbuckers. Powerful and snappy. However the bridge pickup solo'd doesn't quite do the Jaco thing I was hoping for. Could be me. 95% of the time I keep both pickups on. Given this, if I could do it again, I would have gotten single coils. Still, I love my B2!

r