1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

bridge issues

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by brainfeargone, Jan 9, 2013.

1. brainfeargone

brainfeargone

So currently i am working towards finding a bridge for both of my basses, (MIM p bass and squire vintage modified jazz 77).
    Since i play so far back the screws that raise and lower the action are cutting up my picking hand (i play with a pick most of the time). what is a good bridge that keeps those screws hidden or at least out of the way ?

also both basses are 4 string
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

you could just get shorter screws that don't stick out.
  3. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Hipshot bridges are nice. Or, you could use an ashtray.
  4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

+1
  5. brainfeargone

brainfeargone

I think the ashtray would work better on the p bass but for the jazz im looking at a babicz bridge, they seem pretty solid.
  6. musicxfactor

musicxfactor Supporting Member

I have a Babicz on my Jazz. It is great; so nice to have all the settings locked, sounds great, and no sharp edges!
  7. JLS

JLS Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Or, you could shim the heel of the neck.
  8. brainfeargone

brainfeargone

just put a babicz on my 77 squier with some halfwounds and i could not be happier also put a gold ashtray on my p-bass.

pics soon.