Broke my own rule about cellphone while driving

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mellowinman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I make it a rule to NEVER talk on the cell phone while driving. Every single time I see someone driving really badly, and then I get a look, I see they are holding a cell up to their ear.

Today, I broke my own rule, because my wife called about a refi she was trying to do for our house, which could save us a lot of money. I knew that's what she was calling about, and felt the call was important enough to take.

She told me the interest rate, and I said, "Whoa!" and she said, "you sound surprised. I thought you said that's about the rate we should get," and I replied, "no, I said 'Whoa!' because I realized I just turned onto a one-way, going the wrong way."

In DAY TIME!

Of course, I'm an excellent driver...
  2. JimK

JimK

...lucky for you that Mayhem wasn't around the corner.
  3. rtslinger

rtslinger

Mellow pullover to take any calls. A missed call or text is a lot better than waking up on the wrong side of the pavement.
  4. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I plug my phone into my audio deck and use my system as one giant speakerphone. Works great. That way I get to hear complaining in full quadraphonic sound!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree.
  7. Richland123

Richland123