1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Broken nut

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by w33nie, Jul 16, 2013.

1. w33nie

w33nie

Part of the nut broke, and I'm trying to find a replacement. Checked some stores but none had bass nuts, so looking online now.

The size seems to be 1 9/16 L, 3/16 W, and 13/32 (something like that) H. The closest size I can find is the ""GRAPHITE SLOTTED NUT FOR GIBSON BASS" on this page
    http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_nutsaft.htm

Anyone have experience with these kind of things? Any other sites I could check? (All parts did not have any that fit the length and width). I could just get a 5/32 width nut, leaving a 1/16 gap. How bad would this be?

All measurements are in inches, sorry if it was confusing
  2. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Buy oversize and trim to fit. That is what your tech would do.
  3. w33nie

w33nie

Thanks! Sandpaper would be fine, right?