1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bronco 40 loudness/effects questions

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by J03YW, Feb 2, 2014.

1. J03YW

J03YW

I'm looking into downsizing my rig from a TC Electronic BG250 and Zoom B3 down into just a Fender Bronco 40, just to save room and money. Now I know the Bronco isn't going to be as loud as my TC, but will I still be able to hear it over a drummer, or use it as a monitor on stage while I use the XLR out on it for actual house noise? I've heard the Mustang guitar amps are incredibly loud for their wattage, and I wonder if that's true for this one as well. And how does it sound? I'm probably going to mostly use the amps (of course), as well as drive, compressor, octave, maybe delay and reverb and maybe a bit of chorus. Can I count on some usable sounds here? They don't have to be exceptional, but I'd like at least decent tones out of this. Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Very little chance anything smaller than what you have now will carry over a drumset.

3. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

It will not keep up with a rock drummer without pa. It may work as a personal monitor if you put it on a stand and angle it at your head.

It does have some cool tones, and it's my favorite practice amp by far.