1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bronco 40 through a Cab Question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by IzzyHag, Feb 14, 2013.

1. IzzyHag

IzzyHag

I have searched on here and other sites and have yet to find a satisfactory answer to a question I have. I bought the Fender Bronco 40 for ease of use around the home and for band practice (2 acoustics through small amps and un-miked drums so it works fine). I love the diversity the amp offers and especially like the Fuse program for setting up my amp models just how I like them. Not having to lug a pedal board everywhere is great too. For bar gigs, we have a mixing board and p.a.s so it works great as a personal monitor for those shows. I think the Bronco would make a great bass head to run through a cab. So here's my question - The Bronco's power handling is 40w with an output impedance at 8 ohms. Why can't I use the XLR output to run to, say, a Fender Rumble 112 cabinet that has 8 ohms impedance? The reason I ask is everywhere I have read people say it won't work but the other day at the store I did just that and nothing melted or blew up. Is this something that over time it would fry the Bronco or what am I missing? I will say that I didn't necessarily take the time to compare how loud the amp is alone vs. how much louder it is with the cab attached as there were a lot of people in the store and I didn't want to but their soft eardrums. Thanks.