1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bronco pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by punisher911, Feb 12, 2013.

1. punisher911

punisher911

So I'm going to switch out my Bronco pups. They sound ok, but I hate the 60 cycle hum and just want to change it. What should I look for? I bass favored pickup, a mid favored, or a treble favored pup? Like Dimarzio for example.

Super Distortion S- bass favored sound
    Fast Trak 2- mid favored
    Fast Trak 1- Treble favored.

I was a good bass response without being muddy. I even considered doing a Strat size Blackout, but I didn't want to butcher the body or have to take off the pickguard for battery changes. Yes, I did a search. Just no real answers as to why people picked what pup they picked. And I'm assuming I should go with 250k pots.
  2. punisher911

punisher911

And just in case it matters.. Standard tuning, maybe Drop D at the lowest. Hard Rock music.(think Buckcherry sound) I'd like a good output too. Something that'll push my Orange preamp tubes.
  3. tabdog

tabdog

I hated the pickup on my Squier Bronco.

The only pickups that did not require enlarging
    the cavity and/or pickguard either were not
    good pickups, or they cost too much.

I had a nice P bass pickup, so I used that. I
    had to chisel a little and make a pickup ring.
    but it sounds good now,

[​IMG]

Tabdog