Brubaker Brute Club, Part 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jun 10, 2012.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
  2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Are headless singlecuts on the way?

3. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    If they are part of the next shipment, they will be delayed somewhat. Mid July or so. I don't see why not since part of the shipment contains the new Single Cuts. Did you order one? If so that would be a prime candidiate for serious upgrade to electronics that are in Kevins custom basses since they have soap bars.

4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

I have not ordered one, but it is one of two basses on my short list.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    I pre-ordered a Merlot SC and I'm having a three way coil splitter pre-installed before it ships to me. Bought it from Donovan Bankhead at fretspot.com. He gave me a good price and is going to have his tech install the switch. If you do buy, I'd give him a play. he's willing to work with you on a deal.

7. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
    The headless basses will not be in the coming shipment. We made tweaks to the NAMM prototype and have redone the color schemes for them (they are going to be SUPER cool!) Please have a little patience on the headless, but look for them to be in stores this winter.

8. a2zbassman

a2zbassman Supporting Member

Are any of the regular SC's available with the soapbar pups, or even JJ, or are they all MM/J's?

9. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    A SC with soaps would be awesome. We could then really Brubakerize them with upgraded quad coil pups and 3 band bartolini preamp. include a coil splitter and a mid switch. wow. a killer combo right there.

10. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    any price difference between them? SC headless vs the other SC?

11. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    I'd like to see a pic of the natural SC

12. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    For now, Brute Series will only have J/MM. With the split-able coil on the MM, you then get JJ or MMJ. Put in a three way and you can do single, series and parallel.

As for adding the Brubaker electronics, half of the basses Kevin has made use JJ pickups. The "Killa White Whale" JXB-5 I missed out on was the hit at NAMM, and had more versatility then just about anything on the floor because the Bartolini 4.6 A/P system in them is custom for Brubaker. Malcolm Hall and Kevin Walker have basses with both JJ and dual and quad coils. I notice that Kevin Walker plays his JJ NBP custom most, more then any of his other Brubakers. Malcolm has the two soaps, but his 6 is modded electronically in other ways as well, so its not a good comparison.

My two pennies.

As for pics of the Natural SC, as soon as I get one here, HD pics will be posted!

tom

13. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    Headless SC will be more, but not significantly. Most of the cost increase is due to the cost of headless bridges/tuning systems. They run more then standard bridge and tuner sets.

tom

14. a2zbassman

Thanks, I was simply curious as to what was going to be offered. Thanks for that info!

As far as only having the JJ setup, I hear ya'! My KXB-5 with the jazz pups sounds killer, and is VERY versatile with the Bart pre. I'd also add that my JJX-5 Brute with the Delano pups and pre, with the mid freq switch, is it's own kind of beast. Different then the Barts for sure . . . Probably more aggressive sounding, sharper edged, a bit more hi-fi if you will. Love it!!

15. a2zbassman

Just ran across this on ebay.

NEW Brubaker Brute Series SINGLE CUT 5-string Bass

This is from Grand Central Music/Guitars in Duluth, MN. I just recently ordered an EBS Reidmar 250 head (incredible BTW!) from them, and had a chance to speak and email back and forth with Luke from the store while doing the deal. Great customer care/service IMO.

I guess I'll be contacting him again soon to try and secure one of these for myself.:bassist: I'll be sure to pass on any info he has on these that he shares with me.

Edit: Already got an email back from Luke. He says they'll be getting in the Merlot, Burst, and Natural for colors. Can't wait to see pics so I can pick which one I want. Right now I'm leaning towards Merlot, but that could change with the right pic. :D

16. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    I picked the Merlot as my color of choice and am adding the 3 way splitter. I'll soon have two Brutes which means one will be a candidate for mods. My two options are to either put delanos and a glock pre in my MJX-5 or send it to Kevin so that he can upgrade with his proprietary custom Bartolini pickups and pre.

17. Ds1

Ds1

Disclosures:
    President: The High Studio. Head Honcho: Ish Group, Inc.
    Looks like the link to that pre-order you posted is already sold!

18. a2zbassman

Yeah I saw that too, thats awesome! Looks like they've got a new one up already too . . . Who's next?

19. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Guys I just got a cd of a show I did with my Brute MJX-5, orginal strings and all (8 mos old) and mistakes too. I'm playing through a PUMA 500 and 400 watt Eden Nemesis 2x12cab (NRS212). I am clean. clear and punchy. Don't sound like no $600 bass :). I'm going to convert them and send to Tom to post on facebook etc.

20. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    First dealers to get 'Em will be Corner Music and Fretspot. If you want to try it or see it, I will be at Summer NAMM and will be having a Brubaker Clinic/demo at Corner on the 11th.

21. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Cool. This is probably a better fit for my financial schedule anyway.