1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Brubaker Brute Single Cut / MJX-5 SC UPGRADES!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pablomigraine, Apr 13, 2014.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist and MI Professional... see profile
    PICS HERE!!

Up for sale is my 2013 Brubaker Brute SC in Matte Black, up to finance another new 5-string.

Awesome bass and the only one I've seen in the blackout. For those of you not familiar with these awesome instruments you may find my FULL REVIEW helpful. Definitely check this thread out if you own / owned a regular Brute, because these are two TOTALLY different instruments!

This bass has had very little play, but the matte finish does show some light swirling on the rear. I found the stock pickups on these most recent revisions to be pretty sweet, but the active blend knob left a bit to be desired, so I replaced the onboard preamp with the Seymour Duncan STC-3 unit, which I've always found to be very transparent and really lets the bass itself shine through... a very good thing in this case.

Asking price is $425 shipped CONUS. Easily worth more, but there's another deal waiting for me and it won't wait forever, so first solid offer gets it!!

Please, no trades, unless its a Carvin B25 Bromberg with cash from me!

I will copy pics over to this thread tomorrow but for the time being you'll find lots of pics in my FULL REVIEW thread!!

2. Jecodia

Jecodia Supporting Member

This is so freakin' tempting....

3. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    Bump for price drop!

Crazy price for an awesome bass!! HYD!!!

4. Zitch

Zitch Spector Jedi in Training Supporting Member

Man i want this one bad

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mfbolton

mfbolton Bassist for The Dam Dams Supporting Member

7. Scungilli

Scungilli

8. joeeg33

joeeg33

Sorry guys, it's mine, all mine! Even made it my avatar!

9. mfbolton

mfbolton Bassist for The Dam Dams Supporting Member

Did you really snap this up?

10. joeeg33

joeeg33

Yes I did! Paid last night.

11. pablomigraine

Disclosures:
    Sorry for the delay in updating this thread all....talkbass will not load at all in my browser on my PC, so my only access is via mobile (the mobile app doesn't work either) so I'm trying to figure out how to work everything with the new format.... Gonna try and close the thread now...

I regret selling this bass already.... But when the GAS hits.... I tend to make poor choices lol