1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

BSX Allegro Electric Upright Bass - EUB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Nate74, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nate74

Nate74

I purchased this BSX Allegro about a year and a half ago to serve as a transition instrument as I got back into upright. I've had my Shen now over a year but have continued to use and enjoy this bass. I finally have my self-built EUB done so don't see a need for two EUBs, though I'll probably regret selling this.

I found three dings and have pics of all of them. Also, the radius of the bridge didn't quite match the radius of the fingerboard when I got it so after talking to Dino at BSX, I added a small maple "riser" under the E string, on top of the bridge. I took a couple photos of it but it's sort of hard to see if you don't know it's there. It didn't change the tone in any way but now the E string sits about 1-1.5mm higher than the A, which is what I prefer and seems to be the norm.

The on board 3-band preamp is a nice feature. Gives you plenty of tonal control and also matches the impedance of most amps. This allows you to plug straight into any amp without an external preamp. It's been awesome to take to jazz/blues jams where a backline is provided and you never know what you're going to get. I actually played it through an Ampeg SVT once with no feedback at all and it sounded half way decent, though it wasn't ideal. ;)

Included will be the BSX soft case as well as both long and short belly rests. These are going for $2400 new right now and I think I paid around $1850. Market seems to have softened a bit since then so I'm asking SOLD shipped west of the Mississippi and SOLDshipped east of the Mississippi.

Also open to local pickup in the Los Angeles/OC area to save on shipping cost/hassle.

I plan on getting a golf bag shipping box or something similar and shipping this with the neck off. I won't hunt for a box until I know that shipping will be required.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Nate74

Nate74

Hmmmm... the one PM I've received suggested I chose the absolute worst time to sell this... Christmas bills, taxes coming due, etc. So it's still for sale but I probably won't bother with daily bumps, etc. If you're interested, PM me. Thx.
  3. marcox

marcox

Is this the removable neck model, or does that round grey knob on the back serve some other purpose? What's the scale length?
  4. Nate74

Nate74

It has a removable neck. Honestly, I didn't know BSX made any fixed neck models. It's a full 3/4 scale, so just a tad over 41.5".
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Nate74

Nate74

7. Nate74

Nate74

Just paid over $4/gal for gas Bump...so lowered price.

Open to offers.
  8. agfrag

agfrag Supporting Member

Serious offer PM sent.
  9. Nate74

Nate74

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.