1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

buffer question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rob_thebassman, Mar 12, 2013.

1. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    as of lately I've only just looked into buffering, I've noticed my polytune and B3k suck the tone out of my bass collection jazz bass when bypassed, when I engage the B3k and its blend is all the way to the left, it sounds brighter. Would replacing my tuner for a buffered one to solve this problem or would I have to get a buffer
  2. bassbrad

bassbrad

Doesn't the Polytune offer a buffered bypass option?

IMO buffers are essential especially if you use a passive bass and really like my [sfx]microThumpinator which is also an excellent buffer.
  3. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    not that I know of, always wanted to try a microthumpinator though, only thing is it'd be abit pointless for a jazz with it being well, a jazz bass