1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Bugera BVV3000 Infinium Red Fault No Power

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jjlent, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    Hi,
    I just purchase a bvv3000 not even 60 days old and red fault no power yesterday.
    any suggestions?:crying:
    thanks
    J

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well, there's no way for any of us to know by long-distance what happened to it. Best place to inquire is a Bugera service center, or the shop you bought it from. Good luck!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    Groom Lake, NV
    Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think I'll just wait for someone else to say it.

5. wow im sorry man. it better be something simple. maybe just crap tubes. fingers crossed.

6. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    My first thought when I read "any suggestions" was this:

[​IMG]

No offense intended to the OP.

As someone else suggested, take it back to where you bought and/or contact the manufacturer.

7. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Didn't take long for one to show did it? :D
    You get what you pay for? It is under warranty, have it replaced/repaired. I don't think anyone knows yet how closely they copied the circuit designs.

8. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Bugera support can help. 90day warranty on the tubes so contact them quick.
    3 years on the electronics.

Solid red of course is standby
    It'd be interesting to know if these have internal soldered in fuses like Peavey does. If a fuse blew, or the switch is faulty, it could think it's in standby.

Trying different tubes would be a no brainer on the infinium since it has circuitry to bias itself.

The Music Group published defect rate of 0.7% overall. Still, any mention of a problem gets blown out of proportions around here.

9. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

Nov 11, 2011
    Wildomar, CA
    OP, both switches are "on", right? If only the power switch was turned on, the standby light will remain red until the standby switch is turned on.

10. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Wait a sec. I thought these weren't being sold in North America. What's the story there, Phoenix, AZ?

11. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    Yep I did contact Bugera they want me at my expense to ship a 75lb head unit out of state when I requested a new set of tubes

12. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    yea requested bugera to send me a new set awaiting for reply from them.

13. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    I bought it at zzounds online, they are getting a new shipment in. I love the sound when it works, plenty of headroom. seems better quality construction than their solid state stuff i tried. the box they shipped it to me looked like it was used in a soccer playoff. I think because of the weight tubes might have been damaged.

14. besides ur troubles how does it sound? what cab u playin it with?

15. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    yep it worked great Saturday I put in standby to make some coffee when I came back all I see is a red fault light the fan works no plate power to the grid. I was also thinking could be protection circuit or fuse. no strong odors of anything cooking.

16. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    oh dude it sounds great, I play a gibson SG & a Dingwall Combustion through an 2 ohm ampeg stack BXT's 4/10's 1 x 15" it rocks as a blues bass setup.

17. sweet! i heard it on a youtube video "the chicken cover" bugears amps namm 2010 and yea it sounded SWEET!! do u have youtube capability? id love to see a vid.

18. oh and they better send u tubes!!! or pay all shipping at the least!!!

19. jjlent

jjlent

Sep 2, 2012
    Phoenix Az
    Thanks guys for some laughs and advice I just can't see from a customer service point of view why at my expense have to ship it out of state whan all I need is a set of tubes.
    I wrote them back a 2nd time asking for tubes to be sent out I also am going to call them Tuesday to see if I get better results than scripted support online.
    the only thing I am worried about is if the power transformers are damaged
    peace
    J

20. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    While you are waiting on a reply how about some art work so we can see what the amp looks like inside and out. :)

P.S. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

21. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

That's the Out-Of-Warranty warning light! :eek: