1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bugera Nuke ?? Who's Bought One Yet????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by joegeezer, Jun 16, 2009.

1. joegeezer

joegeezer

Disclosures:
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Somebody must have bought one by now. Lets here about the sound and power factors. Long ago, when they were first being talked about, it was said that they were using their EP2500 power amps power section in them. That would be 600 watts per side at 4 ohms. I used an EP2500 power amp for a while and found it to be adequate for most gigs. Somebody fill us curious people in on how they sound!!
  2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Disclosures:
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    Still waiting.
  3. allexcosta

allexcosta

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MLaghus Custom Basses
    Like any other Behringer...
  4. bassplayer7770

bassplayer7770

I have no experience with the Bugera bass amps, but my guitarist plays through a Bugera guitar head. He put new tubes in it, but he said the stock tubes weren't horrible. He sounds great playing through it and hasn't had any problems. Of course, if something does go wrong, he has enough knowledge to look at it himself.

Sorry, that's about all I can say...
  5. GearHeadBassMan

GearHeadBassMan

i don't think anyone who posts on this forum is going to buy one anytime soon, when you can get the carvin b1500 for basically the same price.

IMO. I mean, it's not even remotely on my radar.
  6. hrgiger

hrgiger

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

There's way too many "good" amps on the market to even take a chance on one of these. Changing the brand name most likely did nothing to change the brand.
  8. kissmybASS01

kissmybASS01

What's that sound? Oh yeah, a can of worms being opened....:bag:
  9. Foamy

Foamy

Nobody posting here has bought one. Nobody has demo'ed one. Nobody ahs even heard one. But there are only negative comments? C'mon, fellas! We need to get past this Behringer bashing.
  10. dnarock

dnarock

Well as far as the power amp section I the EP2500 to run subs in my bands PA. But I tried running the amp after the pre-amp in my B2r-E and my head alone hade more punch half way up at 4 Ohms (450 watts ) than the euro does per side
  11. bassplayer7770

bassplayer7770

My post wasn't negative... :confused:
  12. modulusman

modulusman

Probably a great amp if your 14 years old. I wouldn't play one if you gave it to me.
  13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I stand by my post, negative or not. Why spend good money on something which time and time again, has proved to be unreliable, when for not much more money, you can buy something you can actually rely on. Just sayin',...there's tons of great amps on the market, tons.
  14. GearHeadBassMan

GearHeadBassMan

I'm looking at merely a price standpoint, I'm not bad mouthing bugera/behr. With the B1500 having a steadfast reputation on these forums and proven beefiness, as well as excellent CS and the made in the USA thing, it just doesn't really make sense to buy an untested product from a company with a less-than-stellar reputation.

Nuke = $600
    B1500 = $650
  15. msiner

msiner

This is a good point. Behringer beats other brands by undercutting on price. That is what they have based their reputation on. When they can't beat a more reputable competitor's price, they are bound to lose. I have seen a lot of comments here on TB like "For that price I might as well try it..." when referring to Behringer or any other cheap brand gear. This piece of gear is simply too high priced for anybody to try for "kicks" and giggles and is from a company that people spending that amount of money don't exactly trust to produce reliable primary gear.
  16. Foamy

Foamy

Nobody yet has answered the OP.
    Who has one? Nobody here who's posted.
    What do they sound like? Nobody posting so far knows.

As for reliability, their BXT3000 and 4500 heads, far as I can tell, are as reliable as darn near anything else out there. I read of a lot of failures of all other brands.
    Their power amps sound fine - nobody says otherwise. They just complain that they are a copy of something else.

What IF??? What if....

They took the guts of something like their BDI21 as a processor to the power amp? Most people love that pedal. Many prefer it to the SansAmp which is claimed to be the basis upon which the BDI was made.

That would sound like a killer amp!!

There may be things out there that are worth considering too. Like the Carvin - but I've read of a lot more Carvin amp problems here recently too. And, there may be folks out there who just plain ol will never buy a Behringer anything for any price. Oh well, we all decide.

But let's not bash something we know nothing about. The questions were 'Who bought one?' and 'What do they sound like?'.

Anyone???
  17. GearHeadBassMan

GearHeadBassMan

you're making your point for you, by asking what if.

what if it's just another ultrabass with more power?

anyways, I'll shut up, because you are right, nobody here has tried one. I was merely saying the OP probably won't find anyone on TB who has one. Or will admit to having one.

I'm sure they've sold ONE!
  18. Foamy

Foamy

Yeah, I kind of noticed that! Oops! I shall administer a thrashing to my backsides post haste!
    Anyhow, yes, they may waaaaay suck!
    Be nice to hear from someone who tried one out - and head-to-head would be an even better thing to know about.
  19. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Do you own/have you used any Behringer gear?

If you did, you'd understand why I bash.
  20. seamonkey

seamonkey

It's a "Bugera" brand amp.

Are you saying Toyota/Scion/Lexus are the same car?

I own Behringer gear but none of their amps. Behringer actually has great support. I had no problems with their gear, they simply answered some technical questions.

I won't be buying a Bugera Nuke because of the weight, and it doesn't have features I'm looking for. I will eventually try one out in a store to see how it store auditions, as they will be everywhere. I can bet it's actually a pretty good amp.