1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

building a rickenbacker-like bass-drilling for tuners/machines??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fullerton, Nov 19, 2012.

1. fullerton

fullerton

A dumb question probably, but:

I am about ready to drill a headstock for tuners/machines on a Rick copy bass. I have a set of real Rickenbacker tuners & it looks like I need a 2 diameter hole?? Larger diam. about half the thickness of headstock for the top bushings, then a smaller diam. for the rest of the thickness for the shaft of the tuner entering from the underside??

I guess you could just drill the larger diam. all the way through, but seems kinda sloppy. Any of you real Ric owners know how they do it in Santa Ana?

Thanks!!
  2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines I'll hump your leg Supporting Member

Ask to have this moved to the Luthiers Forum. You will get more responses there too.
  3. aquateen

aquateen

you only need the larger hole. that's the way Ric & everybody else does it.