1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Building pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eddododo, Jan 26, 2013.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Media:
    I have been wiring reading hacking opening closing stealing creating soldering and unsoldering every piece of electronics I could find ever since I one day wanted to change a pot in my bass, remembered I was good at math, and opened a dangerous new door for myself. About 50 kits, clones, and creations later, I would like to try my hand at making some useful tools for musicians around me.

So I would like to build some pedals for my close friends, and for you, talkbass. I will start by clarifying: at this moment I am NOT in business and am not taking orders or requests. When I do, I am (at least for awhile) not interested in profit beyond parts and shipping recoupment; in order to learn.and contribute.

My current focus is utility: eq and ''Shaping'' devices, loopers and blenders. My personal goal/offering is 'bells and whistles'. Want two fx loops, series/reversed/paralel? Two channel parametric eq? I hope in this thread to expand my creativity and ability thr ough your suggestions

2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

That's great, man! I'm going to NAMM this weekend, maybe I'll get some ideas!