1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Buy your next bass from Greg at Rocket Music!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by CliffD, Mar 15, 2010.

1. CliffD

CliffD Supporting Member

I haven't seen any feedback threads here in the Rocket Music sub-forum that I can recall and I figured it would be a good thing to leave feedback about my transactions with Greg. I had Greg sell a bass for me and then put that money down on a new bass order. He couldn't have cut me a better deal on selling my old bass for me, he gave me what most businesses probably wouldn't think of for my old bass! Lets just say it was a very unexpected deal! Once my new bass was ordered a small snafu occurred that potentially delayed things a bit, so what did Greg do? He mailed me a brand new bass to play in the mean time! I couldn't be more pleased after dealing with Greg, I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to buy any instrument, amp, or effect that Rocket Music carries! Big thumbs up from me! So share your Rocket Music dealings and lets have a positive thread here for newcomers to Rocket Music!

Thanks Greg!:bassist:

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Oh hell yes, hell yes! Fantastic idea Cliff! :hyper:

Greg's the man!

Every transaction I've had with the gent went flawlessly, not to mention every one was a superb deal, unbelieveable really!

Cheers Greg! :cool:

3. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Cliff,

I just made my first purchase with Greg @ Rocket. It'll arrive tomorrow.;)

Man it's the most jaw dropping purchase I could make. Literally cleaned my wallet out.:eek:

I'll post pics as soon as the Brown Truck arrives.

:hyper:

God Bless, Ray

4. Darkstrike

Awesome Ray, can't wait to see what you're up to! :cool:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. monier

monier

When I was recently researching my new Roscoe I started speaking with Greg without realising there were dealer agreements in place that meant I needed to purchase locally here in Oz. The last time I bought a Roscoe we didn't have a dealer here so the situation was different. Despite not being able to sell me something, Greg offered his help with the process anyway and gave me loads of good info over several emails. He seemed genuinely interested in helping regardless of financial gain which was very impressive!

I'm a firm believer that this type of service will be repaid many times over in loyal customers and word of mouth so it's great to see and i'm happy to spread the word!

7. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

I once called Greg on a Friday afternoon to get a single .010 'E' string for my guitar, along with two medium picks. Dude totally blew me off, muttering, "Leave me be! I'm laying seven fretless tracks for my Virginia Bass Orchestra arrangement of 'All My Exes Live in Texas'. Phhhpptttt." As the call disconnected, I thought I heard something like, "This thing needs a set of Bardens...," but I was very distraught and can't say for sure.

:D

Greg is an absolute top-notch good breed of cat. FWIW, I actually did post a feedback thread a while back. I can't remember how much I spent - although it wasn't a lot by any means. Greg treated me like an ages-old loyal customer who just ordered two instruments that would make his boat payments for the next 24 months.

8. Darkstrike

Funny stuff man, funny because its plausable.... :D

I posted feedback threads too, but they dissapear after a week or so, maybe he should sticky this one.

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

I've bought two basses from Greg now (traded the first one in towards the second one), and a couple of Mono straps.

He's been an absolute top notch guy to deal with in every aspect.

He'll definitely get return business from me, as money/need allows.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

:ninja:

11. Darkstrike

Cheers Ryan! :)

12. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    :D:D:D:D

I'd add one thing; "........as the call disconnected, I thought I heard "This thing needs a set of Bardens...... :mad:Wheres my Bud Light DAMMIT".;)

God Bless, Ray

13. baltimore

baltimore

Good thread!!! My Rocket Music buying experiencex2!!! Flawless!!! Making sure you get the bass or gear you need for the sound thats in your head!! Nothing pushy!!Expert advice!!During the process I made a good friend.For all my bass needs Rocket Music (Greg and staff) are second to none!

14. gnuv

gnuv

Here's my take on it... the first two of my three transactions with Greg have had a problem. Minor problems, yes, but still annoyances. Rather than brush them off, Greg has always been ready to do whatever it takes to make sure I'm satisfied with what I have! I couldn't have asked for better service. It's not always about making sure the problem is fixed, for me it's more of are you willing to try if I decide the problem is big enough to get you involved, and he has an A+ there!!

Also, I spent probably two weeks reading everything I could about G&L basses (in particular the Tribute L-2500) from this page, G&L's site, rocket music's site, reviews on the internet, everything. I eventually landed on a beautiful Blueburst in stock at Rocket Music, so I got up early one Saturday and drove down there. It turns out a glitch in the inventory software had not marked that one as sold on the site, and it was in fact not there... :( Needless to say, I almost left disappointed until we started to chat about an equally nice Redburst USA L-2500 that I got an awesome deal on, instead of just being told, well the computer made a mistake, sorry for your luck and time wasted driving to Blacksburg!

thumbs up and I tell everyone to buy here!! :)

15. René_Julien

René_Julien

I made one transaction with Greg (for a Roscoe) and one is still pending (for a Gadow).
    Both custom basses to my specs.
    Greg was and is devoted to help me and guide me so I get what I wanted.
    He wastes no time going back and forth between customer and builder to have us all on the same page. Great customer service.
    Payment and shipping all went flawless, correct and how it should be. (There were some problems on my account due to the slow gears of Paypal.)

I'm a satisfied customer... and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Lime Green Gadow. :) It's gonna be awesome.

I don't have any plans of travelling to the US in the future, but if I ever do I'll sure try to make it to Virginia and visit the Rocket Music store.

16. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, thanks so much for doing this, guys!! I REALLY appreciate all the kinds words!! And, of course, I always appreciate the opportunity to help you guys scratch that GAS-y itch.

17. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy.

Disclosures:
    Graphic Designer, Zon Guitars
    I haven't bought a bass from Greg...

YET!!!

:ninja:

But...

I did buy a Roscoe hard case AND a Roscoe gig-bag to accessorize the hardly-used lefty SKB3006 I was lucky enough to find.

Before that... Greg was VERY helpful steering me in the right direction when I was thinking about buying new. He even produced several "spreadsheets" with multiple price combos containing various options to help steer me in the right direction.

He also offered to sell my other basses for me... and was willing to go far above and beyond what any other dealer was able to do.

Anyway... once I said "Go!" on the cases, the order process was already practically complete and, before I knew it, the cases were here.

Totally painless transaction from a guy who really truly cares.

18. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Story thief!!! :mad: :spit:

...I actually DID this to him...

:smug:

...bastrich called me an ugly name and hung up on me!

:eek:

;)

Thing I love about Greg is his sense of humor, and the fact that when you walk in his shop, there are like TWENTY Roscoe basses front & center! :hyper: How can I not love that??? :D

I'd be happy to know and call him "friend" no matter what. He's the best kind of cat.

19. DannyV

DannyV

I haven't been able to buy a bass from Greg and Danny yet, but will when the fretless becomes fiscally possible. They are both fantastic gentlemen, and that shop is a place beyond this dimension!! Wall of Roscoe basses, another wall filled with high-end guitars, case filled with pedals...

Fantastic store, and people. Can't recommend them highly enough!!

20. LilRay

LilRay

Disclosures:
    :hyper::hyper: The Brown Truck just left.:hyper::hyper:

My order came in such a huge box I couldn't carry it in.:eek:

Finally got it opened and unloaded.:help:

You guys ready to see the AWESOME Order I laid on Rocket Music Friday Afternoon?

Let me know whatcha think.

God Bless, Ray

21. Darkstrike

Oh hell yes! :hyper: