1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Buying a fender P-Bass 2001 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwick1992, Jan 29, 2013.

1. warwick1992

warwick1992

Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a used fender p-bass 50th anniversary butterscotch and I was wondering if 1000$ was a good price for it? I'm not sure about the original price. I searched a lot on google and I found out that the price in 2001 was 1100$ or 1400$. Anyways, if the real price is 1100, I'll try to negotiate a lot more.

Looks like this (but it's not the original pic of the bass i'm planning to buy):

http://fenderbass.net/fender-precision-bass-guitar-american/15067
  2. Wallace320

Wallace320

Anyway I saw it (butterscotch P/J) sellin' here for more than $. 1,000.00 (an' I didn't go for it)

So, don't know, but yeah: I really think you should try to talk that figure down

Cheers,
    Wallace
  3. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I have a couple of them I bought years ago and casually follow the current pricing. If it is in good shape, and has the original tweed case and certificate, $1100 is around the usual selling price. I saw one with non-original case and no certificate sell for $900-950 recently.

4. warwick1992

warwick1992

the one I'm probably going to buy has a quite apparent ding and the guy does not have the certificate. Is it possible to guess the fabrication number (on 500) of the bass with the serial number?

Anyway, I guess that's not the end of the world but still for 900$ I'd like to get the most of it.
  5. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

They were $1100 originally, and they sell for $1100 now. I'd. Say $900 is a good deal if it's in good shape.