1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Buying a new setup.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Slettsnok, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Slettsnok

Slettsnok

I have saved money for a while now to invest in a new setup.
    What i was thinking is to buy a Orange Terror 1000 watt and combine it with an Ampeg SVT 8x10.
    But to be honest i don`t know if that is a good combo.

I think i have settled with the Orange head, but i`m not sure about the cabinet.

Any thoughts?

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

If you like big cabs....go with a 412. G-K NEO412 as an example. More even sounding IME and IMHO.

3. Slettsnok

Slettsnok

Sounds cool with a 412
    Have you tried it with the Orange head?

4. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Or the Mesa PH412. Haven't tried the GKNeo412 or the Orange TB1000 but I'd imagine it would sound HUGE through this thing:

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. B-string

I think Berg still offers a 412 and Yorlville/Traynor has one for some deep discount right now (haven't played one though). I have heard the Mesa and it is a sweet option, I like the way the G-K projects better myself but would happily play one.

7. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I would go with an Ampeg head and cab.

8. B-string

Haven't tried an Orange head. Moved away from any big city a while ago. My NEO412 has seen: G-K 800RB, G-K Fusion 550, Marshall 6100 (for fun), Fender Twin Reverb (internal speaker disconnected, '74 SVT, Hartke 3500, V4-B, SVT 3-Pro, MarkBass LMII, Mesa Dual Rectifier. It brings out the differences in the amps in a good way and takes eq very well.

9. punisher911

punisher911

I love my Orange TB500. I imagine the 1000 is the same with more... I have Acoustic 4x10s which are decent.. I'm thinking of some different cabs though. That Mesa 4x12 looks nice..