1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Buying directly from a store?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassPlayer95, Dec 20, 2012.

1. BassPlayer95

BassPlayer95

I was at guitar center playing this really awesome guitar a few weeks ago. It's got all the features I want. Problem is is it's got some scratches and stuff. I just want something new. So do you buy the floor models or do they have a back room where they store stock stuff? Thanks guys!
  2. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

I'd do some research on the consistency of the model you want. If that seems pretty good you can order a new one online.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

This. If they are a crap shoot (meaning that some play good and some don't) then you need to deal with the scratches and buy the one you know plays well.
  4. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I bought a display model guitar at GC that had some small scratches. I put on a little drama act in front of the sales guy that the scratches made it used so I would need a hugh discount. He went to the manager and came back with a much bigger discount than I was expecting.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

How deep are the scratches?

Talk them down (low ball the spit out of them to start) and then just take it home and buff them out, if they haven't broke the finish they will probably come out quite easily, at the least be much prettier.
  6. Muttleybass

Muttleybass

Murphy's Law dictates that the more pristine the bass, the sharper and closer the drummer's nearest cymbal is.
  7. Auguste

Auguste

Sooooooo trueeeeeeeeeee
  8. ksandvik

ksandvik

Those are the nice deals you could get a GC. Amateurs destroy bass guitars left and right, can't sell them, GC drops the price 40%. And who really cares about scratches if the bass sounds good.
  9. totallyfrozen

totallyfrozen

^^THIS^^ is how the game is played.