Buying Markbass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Zetabass, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Zetabass

Zetabass

Howdy there, I'm seriously considering a Markbass 121cmd, and extension cab and covers. The only place I found online to buy them is through (GC).

Can anyone recommend any other retailers for markbass gear or some place that might be able to offer a discount for buying everything all together?
    Just an idea.

Thanks for any input, I really appreciate the talkbass community
    Brad
  2. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Gold Supporting Member

Fredericton and Saint John New Brunswick both have Long & McQuade stores that may not have what you want in stock but can get anything Markbass. Killer return policy too.
  3. portlandguy

portlandguy

I have had the Markbass 121cmd, and NY 1x12 extension cab for about a year now. It is fantastic. I have played some big ballrooms and outdoor shows with it.
  4. Russell L

Russell L

Bought all my Markbass gear at Musiciansfriend.com
  5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Unless something has changed very recently, Markbass has an exclusive distribution deal in the US with Guitar Center (Musician's Friend is part of the same company).

If you wait until Musician's Friend (on-line) has one of their sales (almost always something going on... 10% off, $50 off, whatever) you get a good price, free shipping, no tax in most states, and a 'return with no questions asked' policy (I think 30 days). So, if you don't like it, you are only out shipping.

Unfortunately, most Guitar Centers carry very little bass product on the floor anymore. Hard to try before buying, but that return policy takes the risk out of it.
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Markbass can only be obtained through Gutiar Center in USA and only through Long and Mcquade in Canada as far as I know.

Don't expect to see too many deals on MB gear. Just go buy it used.
  7. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

If you call MF or Music 123 (part of MF, but seem to be nicer) and ask for 20% off, you can usually get it (or at least 10-15% off). It's pretty rare to have to pay full price even for brands they claim are excluded from sales. You just have to call and not purchase online.
  8. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Tried a few days ago to order a MarkBass amp from MF during a sale and the MarkBass was excluded. No discount.
  9. boristhespider9

boristhespider9

Did you call or try to do it online?
  10. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

TWSS
  11. Zetabass

Zetabass

Thanks for the great info every, and good to hear that rig is working out well, IRL!

Can't wait to carry something that small and light into a gig hahaha
  12. Russell L

Russell L

If you call, they will give you the discount. Some manufacturers don't want it advertised (from what I hear). They did it for me.