buying new bass bridge

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cannibalbassist, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cannibalbassist

cannibalbassist

i have been wanting to upgrade my bridge for my 5 string bass. what websites offer badass bridges ? please drop some links below and if you have any suggestion for different bridges please let me know.
  2. LarryO

LarryO

This link can provide you information for almost any bridge available

http://www.google.com/

You're welcome !
  3. Jools4001

Jools4001 Supporting Member

Smartass. You're welcome!

I've got quite a few different style bridges on my basses ranging from the iconic, but horrendous, Rickenbacker bridge through to Fender style, Hipshot/ABM A style bridge also the Hipshot individual string bridges, a Badass 4 string bridge etc...

I just bought what I think is one of the best bridges I've tried in the Schaller 2000. It offers widely variable string spacing from a single bridge design and the action and intonation are easy to adjust. It is a little fiddly to set up because it has such a wide range of adjustment, but the good thing is that once you've set it up, you just tighten the allen screw on the back and it is locked solid...and I mean SOLID, you can't find the least bit of play in it even using brute force. So, once you've set it up for your prefered sspacing and string guage it ain't going nowhere
  4. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

I like the look of that Schaller as well. Personally I like the plain vanilla Hipshot A style bridges myself, but i haven't tried the Schaller.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ctmullins

ctmullins Registered 8er Supporting Member

Yup. I'm using the Schaller 2000 on a build-in-progress. Very nice bridge, with good adjustability. There's even a guy selling one in the classifieds right now!
  7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

like the gotohs, or i really like the price to be more accurate
  9. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    In my opinion, ETS makes the best bridge in the business. The price, of course, reinforces this sentiment.
  10. ex-tension

ex-tension

11. Mykk

Mykk

I saw that it's a five string, but I didn't see what brand/model of bass it is.

I used a Babicz on my Squier VM Jazz-5. I'd like to try one on a quality 4 string sometime too.
    I really like what it did for the sound.

Here's mine: Forgive my sloppy playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ60k-BoEws

I had a BadAssII for years, I had it on a Precision project and than also recently tried it on Jazz project. I compared it to the stock bent plate bridge and I actually preferred the tone of the bent plate so I sold the BA.
  12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Unless your current bridge is broken or you are constantly adjusting your string spacing and intonation you are wasting your money in my opinion. I have upgraded plenty of bridges over the years and they do zero to your tone or sustainability even though people will swear that their new bridge has "transformed" their bass into an Alembic.
  13. Mykk

Mykk

"Of course it’s all in your head Harry. But why should it make it any less real?"
    -Albus Dumbledore

heh, I just watched that last night.... it felt suiting.

I think bridges make a tone difference, it's not night vs day but it's there. Although I didn't like the sound of the BadAssII, it sure was nice not ripping my hand apart on tall saddle adjustment screws. But a bit of machining/grinding would take care of that too.