1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Buzz is iritating

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Texas twelve, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Texas twelve

Texas twelve

Lately, I have been playing bass at church. I use an Agile jazz clone. It's been an OK bass for about 5 years, but recently, it has started a buzz that goes away when I put my hand or fingers over the strings.

My worship leader said that he would pay to get it looked at, but most repairs start at about $60, and that's probably about half what the bass is worth.

So, what's up. Should I have it looked at or just buy another bass? Is there some easy fix that I could do? I am not Mr. fixit, but I can use a soldering gun.

Thanks for any help.
  2. themaestro78

themaestro78

i would check all ground connections, including under the bridge
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Single coil pickups? Fluorescent lights?
  4. Texas twelve

Texas twelve

It has two single coils, but I have been playing under the same lights for months with no problem, then boom, in the last few weeks the buzz started.

And, if it was the lights, would the buzz stop when I muffle the strings with my hand?

I don't know.
  5. Lownote38

Lownote38

You have a bad connection somewhere. Shouldn't be hard to find and fix in the control cavity.