1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Buzzard's bass shop?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by squiresuzuki, Nov 16, 2011.

1. squiresuzuki

squiresuzuki

I'm about to order a few parts for buzzards's bass shop. They obviously have a great selection and they seem reputable...but when I looked them up on talkbass they seem to have had some trouble a few years ago. Has anyone ordered from them very recently?
  2. JumboFriendly

JumboFriendly

I haven't ordered from them, but I did exchange a few emails with Brian not too long ago about some quotes for getting some work done. He was nice and quick to reply, but I ended up going with someone local for the work I needed done. I've always purchased my parts from Bass Parts Resource; they have a good selection, prices are similar, and as far as I know there aren't any horror stories out there about them shutting down or getting arrested.
  3. stflbn

stflbn

I believe problems have been more recent than a year ago... and ongoing... but i've not directly been involved.
  4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Actually, they don't have any selection. If/when your order is received, he orders it from other vendors. If you don't receive the correct item the first time, you'll be waiting even longer. Brian seems to be nice enough, but I'll be shopping elsewhere in the future.
  5. nilomne

nilomne

A very simple advice, don't do business with Buzzardsbass! Saving you time and money is my only moral refund for losing mine with this guy.
  6. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

Maybe I got lucky but I did some business just a couple months ago and received both great communication and everything I ordered in a timely manner. YMMV.
  7. 64jazz

64jazz

8. nilomne

nilomne

9. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by The Letter G
    I ordered a trapeze tailpiece, tune-o-matic bridge, and Hipshot tuners from Buzzard's Bass a few weeks ago. The tailpiece was out of stock, so he immediately let me know. He told me it was on its way to him, and when it arrived a few days later, he sent it out right away. No problems here.
  10. TMacATK

TMacATK

I bought a Glockenklang preamp from Brian last year. He had to order it from a supplier and it came in about two weeks. I've sold a few things to him through Talkbass. In my experience he's very reliable and fulfills his orders.

In regards to some of the other threads, I would just recommend not pushing his buttons.
  11. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    But how would you know until it's too late?
  12. nervous

nervous Supporting Member

13. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Hmm. I just hit order for some Hipshots and a pick guard for my Geddy. Hope I don't regret it. They were cheap so...crap.
  14. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Looks like I was able to cancel my order. Fingers crossed.
  15. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson

Disclosures:
    Professional Luthier
    I ordered sheets of pickguard material from him twice last year, with no problems. I'll order from Brian again.
  16. fjadams

fjadams Supporting Member

I've gotten everything I've ordered from him. I liked the prices and they were in stock and shipped quick.
  17. 0xbow

0xbow

i found the guy really helpful,put up with my many questions
    and delivered everything as agreed.
    my take on the bad press is that brian doesnt suffer fools gladly and that just like relationship problems you can usually attribute blame equally.
    the story you get depends on who you are talking to.
  18. madmonkey

madmonkey

I just ordered a Jazz bass neck from Buzzards, then I found out about all the negative comments regarding his business. I sure hope I don't get rooked as I spent 300 bucks on the neck.
  19. madmonkey

madmonkey

Does anyone who ordered from Buzzards recently have any updates to post on their experiences?
  20. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

MadMonkey,

How was your experience with the bass neck?