1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

BYOC Divided Octave (custom DW Etched + mods)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Jeff Moote, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

I am very much just testing the waters on this one, but I have a lot of octave pedals and it's currently not on the board and I want to try an Aguilar Octamizer.

This is a BYOC Divided Octave (Mutron Octave Divider clone) with a couple mods:
    • I made R31 an external knob that can bring the Green Ringer volume down to a more subtle level as well as quite a bit louder than stock. The toggle can still defeat it as normal. This adds a ton of versatility and the GR is one reason I would not mind keeping this at all.
    • Internally I made R8 and R9 trim pots to boost/balance the octave volume. Stock it can just about reach unity, with a tiny cut with the Bass Only switch engaged. Still louder than an OC-2 -1 soloed.
    • In addition to the etched enclosure DannDubblewe did for me, the LEDs were replaced with ultra bright green and blue ones with bezels and the cheap BYOC knobs replaced with MXR style ones
    The BYOC kit sells for $120. Given the labour and parts from Danny and myself I think $220 shipped is a fair price but feel free to discuss especially if you have a trade idea for something cool. If there's ever an issue with it due to build quality I will stand behind it but I think it's pretty solid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. chapito

chapito Supporting Member

Hey Jeff
    Im about to build one of these for myself—though your build may tempt me to buy yours instead! ;)

Great mods!
  3. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Very interesting, any sound clips?

Do you have any trade interests?
    B3K and cash on your end, possibly?
  4. Jeff Moote

The only trades I am really looking for at the moment are an Aguilar Octamizer (I've already got a B3K).

For sound clips there are a few good ones on youtube if you look up the BYOC Divided Octave and Mutron Octave Divider. It's a pretty neutral sounding octave voice. The Green Ringer circuit adds an interesting texture, and combined with a fuzz and filter it can be super synthy.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

this thing is so sex. amazing, minimalist etch job by ddw, useful mods, two sizes of knobs. wow.

wish i wasn't so busted right now - i've always wanted to try an octaver from this family.

good luck with the sale, jeff.
  7. Jeff Moote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.