1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Bypassing active preamp on Ibanez bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Hybrid_Child, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Hybrid_Child

Hybrid_Child

Hi.

I have an Ibanez SR1000 bass with this Bartolini pickup + active preamp system. When I opened it up today I found that the pickups are actually passive, and it's only the preamp that's active.

So I got the idea of making an active / passive switch where in one possition the preamp is bypassed. This can be done fairly easy. But I don't know how well it would work soundwise.

Does anyone have experience with similar mods?

Thanks.
  2. Hybrid_Child

Hybrid_Child

Okay I tried it and it works fine in case anyone should come across this thread.

A cool thing about the switch is that if you should run out of battery in a live situation, the passive "mode" will work regardless.