Cab suitable for Klemt Echolette Showstar

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mescal, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Mescal

Mescal

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/klemt_echolette_showstar_s40s_4.html

A friend of mine gave me this amp some time ago. I got it restored in the shop and now it works like a charm again.

I'm looking to use this head as a practice bass amp for at home.

I played it through my Acoustic cab, but it didn't have enough punch to actually use it as my rehearsal amp. It looked very, very cool though.

Anyway, could anyone advise me on a good, small, lightweight cab that I can use at home, and maybe a jam session from time to time?

So, not looking for anything vintage and obscure, just something regular that will sound great with this head.

Thanks for the advice!
  2. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

I bet it would sound rad with a Bag End 15. Or a JBL. Something along those lines. Sensitive, compact, punchy, indestructible.
  3. Mescal

Mescal

Yeah, it might. Will have a look out for these.

They don't seem to be easy to find cabinets in Belgium though. Not new, let alone second hand ...
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

The link is a weird one. 40w of tube power isn't much

'Big bass needs a big cab' is the old school rule when watts were in short supply. It still applies to low wattage amps.

Sensitivity is what you need. If you can find a JBL E140, and can put up with a massive cab, that will get you the most volume from 40W, even better with two of them and a station wagon to move the 2x15.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mescal

Mescal

Well, I don't necessarily need volume.

Just a good matching cab, not a massive one ;)