1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cakewalk Roland UA-1G....opinions?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by powmetalbassist, Nov 17, 2013.

1. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

Decided to take a step into the recording side of bass. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Cakewalk Roland UA-1G? I'm new to recording and know very little about it. Just wondering if this is descent for someone just starting out. Looking for feedback on usability, quality, and any experiences (good and bad) anyone has had in using this product. Also I understand I need some software.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Roland sold Cakewalk to Gibson, so this interface is now just a "Roland". I wouldn't want it with RCA jacks.

Depends on what you want to do. I'd say most bass players just want to plug their bass in and record. So look for an interface that is set up to directly take a bass or guitar. Usually a couple of XLR, and a couple of inputs for Guitar level (It's not line level)

Most interfaces are going to come with with some software, usually a lite version, but in some cases they may be full feature.

Line-6 interfaces come with Pad Farm which is a better than you'd expect modeling package.