1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Called in "moving" today!!!

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Gard, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :hyper:

After 14 months of hair pulling, teeth gnashing, eye gouging, and other expressions of frustration -

IT'S DONE!

(...well, except for that little detail of a "punch list"...sigh...:rollno: )

I will be out of the office today, as we finally are moving all the "big stuff" (POD people! :ninja: ) today. If all goes as planned, we will sleep in our new house tonight.

:cool:

:bassist:

The move will take weeks to be "final", which is kind of nice, doing it a bit at a time with all the small items, no great rush to do things haphazardly and be all messy at the new place for weeks and months - we can take a box or two, unload it where it BELONGS to start with, then get another box or two, and spread it over whatever time we wish.

The only pressing issue is getting the "old" house emptied and tidied up to sell as soon as possible...which we have already scheduled out for late January.

WOOT!!!

:hyper:

(...anyhow, back to "normal" for the office starting tomorrow, so if any one has a question or problem, your patience is appreciated until then. :) )

2. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Congrats! We did the little by little method of moving when I bought my current house seven years ago. That makes life much easier if you are doing it all yourself. Next time though I'm splurging on movers for the big stuff. My back screams at me when I just look at our gym quality tread mill.

Let us know how the sell goes on your old house. I am contemplating doing the same thing: buying new then selling the old house after we move. That is just so very scary to think about though (my dad says I'm a moron for even contemplating it).

Now, just like basses, pics or didn't happen! :p

3. eo.

eo.

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, Roscoe, Tech21
    Congrats Gard!

4. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Egan, thanks! :) You'll have to stop in for the next hang....

Joel, yeah, this whole thing was not PLANNED this way, it has just kinda HAPPENED this way. I squeak very loudly when I walk right now, and will until house #1 is sold....

:eek:

...sigh...what is that saying..."...life is what happens when you are making other plans..."

Yup.

:spit:

:help:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
  7. chaosmic

chaosmic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner at MetalString Sound, Inc.
    Congrats to you and your family, Gard! I know it's been a long time comin'. What nice weather to have for the move too.
    Cheers!

8. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe, GigRig, COG Effects
    Congrats dude! Awesome news.

9. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

Very nice house. Looks like it has a very high R.A.N. Factor. ;)

10. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Big stuff moved, and even out of the POD, so good there; unfortunately, due to a lack of ability to MOVE at this point, the furniture necessary to stay there tonight is still just piled up. One more night in the "old joint", hope to get it all knocked together tomorrow night....

...I'm TIRED....

:help:

11. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Great to hear that it finally happened Gard!
    Judging from the pic's it was well worth the wait though.

Congratulations and good luck selling the other house!