1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can´t identify the bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wooolf, Jan 20, 2014.

1. wooolf

wooolf

Hi! Bought pretty pricey bass from Ibanez store 1.5 years ago. Now I want to sell it, but can´t identify the exact model. Haven´t also found exactly similar grom google. Instrument should be from 2012 and cost about 1400 euros (1700 dollars) in official Ibanez store with a case. Does anyone recognize?
  2. wooolf

wooolf

How the hell can I upload some pics... ? :)
  3. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Previously frebassist Supporting Member

wooolf - click Go Advanced at the bottom of the thread, then under the box look for a button that says "Manage Attachments". You can use that to attach two pics at a time--there are size restrictions, so read the notes there.
  4. wooolf

wooolf

Thank you! Tryin´right away!
  5. wooolf

wooolf

No such button for me, just "submit reply" and "preview post"

Posting Rules
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Unless they changed the rules, only supporting members can upload pics.

OP, somewhere on your bass it will say the model number, it will probably start with SR or BTB. Pics will help but it is probably a fairly common stock model.
  7. wooolf

wooolf

8. wooolf

wooolf

9. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

You need to show a pic of the serial number or just check it yourself. I think Ibanez has it on the back of the headstock. It will start with SR and the next few numbers will be the rest of the model number (such as SR504 or SR1204, etc.).
  10. johnson79

johnson79

Looks like an SR4500E. Google that, looks the same.
  11. wooolf

wooolf

I checked the back of the head and took a pic from it - there is no such thing
  12. wooolf

wooolf

Hey Johnson! It seems to be right :D

Thank you, man!
  13. og61pbass

og61pbass

If you have a smart phone its a lot easier to upload photos but you have to have the mobile version of talkbass app.thats how I do it...;)
  14. johnson79

johnson79

Awesome! Looks like a great bass.
  15. wooolf

wooolf

Well it´s fastest bass ever in my opinion. Very light, REALLY fast neck, feels great holding and playing. But I´m selling it.

I fell into Fenders and that is that. Can´t play anything else right now :) I have also Fender 60s road worn jazz bass MIM, which sounds great, but has some minor quality mistakes (does not tune up everywhere equally well). Maybe some day I´ll upgrade it a bit - to some 60s jazz bass custom shop - which would sound almost the same but with better tuning. But it going to cost a lot.

In nearest future I´ll get Fender 60´s P-bass also, custom shop hopefully. And then should be all set :)