1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can any one help, ibanez Promethean

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SpanishDave, Feb 20, 2014.

1. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

Hi, I have a 200 watt combo, Hughes & Kettner 515 Basskick which I really like.
    Great sound, never let me down but weighs roughly the same as the earths core.

Is the ibanez Promethean really 300watts? Really?
    I have looked at similar markbass, tc electronics amps but the ibanez is the best all rounder from "on paper" reviews.

I do not have a music store where I can pop in and try 100 combos (the music store closest has one Ampeg and one fender bass combo).

Has anyone actually played its amp?

Thanks
  2. Rob22315

Rob22315

3. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

I have one and really like it. Not familiar with your H&K but I've found the Ibanez capable of keeping up in a band setting as long as you're not too loud. No Marshalls or loud twins. It may not be as loud as your current amp but it's pretty easy to schlep around. A few issues have been posted about start up problems but they seem to be from early production models. You might look for the P5110 used. That was the first edition and has a detachable 250/500w head, graphic eq and runs 250w as a combo and 500w into with a separate 4ohm cab if you need more. Good luck
  4. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

Ok, thanks for the comments and link.