1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Can anyone compare/contrast GK RB1001II - Carvin BX1500?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TigerInATrance, Feb 5, 2013.

1. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

Just what it says...

I'm looking at getting the Carvin. Everything I've read says that just about any sound you want to dial in can be replicated with a bit of time and patience learning the EQ, but I'm curious about how the two sounds compare since I've recently been using the GK at rehearsals and have been pretty impressed with the sounds I've been getting from it.

Thanks in advance...

2. Jarrett

Jarrett

3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have owned an 1001RB-II and several Carvin products but never a BX1500. My experience with GK has been very good. My experience with Carvin has been terrible. They are well built but I have found their products to lack clarity and flexibility.

4. makohund

makohund

Odd. I can picture someone maybe not liking one, but "lacking clarity" or "lacking flexibility" are among the last things I'd ever imagine being said about a BX1500.

Perhaps that was something particular to those other (older?) odels you used, or the cabs you ran them through.

5. Register to disable this ad