Can anyone give me a wiring diagram for a 60/61 stack knob?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dredmahawkus, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Fenders site is a little hard to follow....anyone have a nice detailed stack knob diagram I can see? I cant find any online what so ever!
  2. line6man

line6man

Took me five seconds on Google.

[​IMG]
  3. Dredmahawkus

Thanks! I had that one and saved it to my computer...but then it wouldnt open it was all lines...but I saved the pic you just put there and it opens fine so thanks! that looks like a really good diagram too!
  4. line6man

line6man

As a side note, you will get better results with carbon or metal film resistors of a lower value. For that matter, the best way to go about is to use trimmer pots to fine tune the resistance, in order to get the best compromise between minimal loss of output, and maximum isolation.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dredmahawkus

I bought these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repro-1960-...454?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27d76d273e

and these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/330594079997?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I am making a 60 replica....its not even going to be back from MJT for like 2 months! but getting everything ready. Trying to get it as close to possible to original....cloth wire ect.

I really know nothing about electronics.....but from working on cars I can do basic stuff as long as I have a wiring diagram!
  7. line6man

line6man

Well, those are very low quality components by modern standards, but it's the proper way to go for a period-correct replica.