1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can anyone help me ? I have a doubt about Carl Thompson basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass42, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Bass42

Bass42

Disclosures:
    Endorsing : Elixir Strings, Digitech , Eden Amplification
    Anyone know what kind of PU is theses ones ? Carl Thompson used them for his basses during late 70's !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. bootsox

bootsox

it's a Schaller Bassbucker, I think a model 10/404. they haven't made them in years. I haven't seen one pop up used in at least a year either, though I haven't been actively looking for them.

Your best bet for getting one is probably parting out a vintage Carl Thompson, that should say something about their scarcity.
  3. Bass42

Bass42

Disclosures:
    Endorsing : Elixir Strings, Digitech , Eden Amplification
    Yes ! You right ! Old Schaller 10 -404 ones.

The only humbucker PU Schaller offers nowadays is the 232 , but you have to buy the mounting frames, sold separately .

Many thanks