1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

can anyone ID

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by azureblue, Dec 17, 2012.

1. azureblue

azureblue

the bass player on Tyrone Davis "Can I Change my Mind?".
  2. grvthang

grvthang

I was just talking with a friend about that. We know Davis was on Dakar Records, out of Chicago, but that's about it. Those hits of his were produced by Willie Henderson. Anyone have a clue?
  3. grvthang

grvthang

Further googling reveals it was Bernard Reed, an unsung hero of 60s soul.
  4. azureblue

azureblue

Thanks- that is a great bass line. Busy, but solid and right in the pocket. I've been playing the tune for years now, and never knew who played bass on it. Know anything else Bernard played on? I'm off to Google right now...
  5. azureblue

azureblue