1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can anyone identify this Warwick bass cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by FBS1996, Feb 9, 2014.

1. FBS1996

FBS1996

hey guys

Purchased an orange bass terror a while back and I've been on the look out for a 4x10 cab to go along with it. I've been offered this Warwick 4x10 for £150 (about $250?) and I was just wondering if anyone could identify it for me, so I can check out reviews and sound demos and all that business

The cab - https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1392082745_68e4ebfe7f93232c1d41bf88c927b47b

all I know about it as of yet is that it's a Warwick, 4x10, 8 ohms, and the wheels seem to be in a weird place. A handle and wheels on the same side seems a bit odd to me, so I'm thinking the wheels were added on maybe?

Thanks guys :)
  2. Cirk

Cirk

Those wheels were added by an owner. I guess the idea of putting them on the side is so the bass couples more with the floor. The other side of that idea is that those wheels could rattle with heavy bass.
    How about asking the current owner for a picture of the jack plate? Might be some good info there.
  3. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

That is an older WCA Pro 410 or 411 - the 411's have a tweeter, but I can't tell from that picture whether it has one or not. The wheels are added on, probably because these things are beastly. They might be on the side because the owner liked to couple of the cab with the floor when playing. They sound fantastic, though - I have a WCA Pro 411. I don't know anything about the newer models, but these Warwick cabs are really good, and what the seller is asking is a steal.You might want to ask what happened to the 'W' on the grill, though.

Link to the 410: http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwick---Discontinued-Amps--Cabinets--410---8-PRO--Pictures.html

Link to the 411: http://www.warwickbass.com/en/Warwick---Discontinued-Amps--Cabinets--411---8-PRO--Pictures.html

Specs are linked at the bottom of the product page (Warwick's website is a mess... always has been)
  4. pie_man_25

pie_man_25

it's a 410pro, it just looks like some knob put casters on the side, as well as painted the front grill black. I've got the same model, it's a nice cab.