Can anyone photoshop something for me please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jakelly, Mar 3, 2014.

1. jakelly

jakelly

Doesn't have to be perfect. A quickie job would do.

I want to see this bass with a solid black pickguard. Thanks very much for your help.

[​IMG]

2. ToonD

ToonD

[​IMG]
    Two minute job, hope it helps!

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

4. jakelly

jakelly

Hey thanks for that folks. Not sure how I like it. I thought it would look slick dressed in all black. Not so sure now. What do you think? There wouldn't be any bird logo on it if I made one.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Malak the Mad

Have you looked for an official/unofficial replacement? I'd be shocked if someone didn't make a T-Bird pickguard in black with the logo intact.

7. ToonD

ToonD

I think it'd be really cool if it was proper black, the photoshops don't do it justice of course, maybe swap out the knobs for completely black ones?

8. Malak the Mad

Well, for starters, what's the exact model?

9. jakelly

jakelly

2013 Gibson Non-reverse Thunderbird.

10. Malak the Mad

Check out these guys. You might find something that works. (Sorry, I don't know much about Gibson-stuff)
    http://pickguards.us/pricegibsonand.html

As far as "how does it look?" goes, it's just my personal preference but I always thought a black guard looks slick on a sunburst finish.

EDIT: Supposedly these guys are pretty good at making custom pickguards; http://www.terrapinguitars.com/

11. dabbler

dabbler Supporting Member

I agree with the OP that it ain't that hot. Opinions are free, and here's mine. I like black as much as anybody, but what makes a bass look good IMO, is contrast. Black guards work on fender bursts because the middle of the burst is light. The main color on this bass is too dark for black guard, IMO.

12. jakelly

jakelly

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I'm not crazy about the stark white or the bird logo though, so I don't care if the bird logo is there or not.

Next plan perhaps is mint green or cream (like a Gibson pickup bobbin).