Can anyone recommend any clean boost pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Hi
    I'm in the market for a clean boost pedal, this is mainly for when I slap in my band. Or even sometimes when I get lost amongst the guitars. Just something to bring me through a bit.

I have been looking at the,
    .Xotic rc bass booster
    If anyone has opinions on that, that would be great :)
  2. caeman

caeman The Root Master Supporting Member

Any EQ pedal. With an EQ pedal, you have more control over how you boost than with any one-knob boost. Like, boosting mids to be HEARD, as well as felt when the guitars get louder.
  3. Bassist96

Bassist96

So what good eqs are their
  4. caeman

For the most head room, the MXR M-108 runs at 18v. For smaller space, the M-109 is 6-band. Boss and Behringer EQs are also good. I am have good use with a Joyo EQ with my bass, as the frequency sliders seem to match up really with bass mids and lows.

I am waiting for the Mooer bass EQ to be released to give it a try.

I am big proponent of the EQ pedal. It is the least sexy and least utilized pedal for tone shaping. Everyone goes for the Xotic and LPB-1 variants, but none of them are transparent or give you can control of what exactly gets boosted or cut. The EQ is the ultimate helper pedal.
  5. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

I have the 6 band MXR EQ and I love it, be careful though because a little does a lot as far as the sliders go, that baby has +\- 9db!!
  6. Bassist96

Bassist96

I was looking just then at a
    Empress paraeq boost
  7. caeman

Parametric EQs are fantastic option. A graphical EQ is simple to see what you are changing, but they are fixed. A parametric can be more difficult at first, but you have more control.

Empress
    Correct Sound
    WMD

All make a good-quality parametric. There are others that a Google search will uncover. The market is hard to keep up with.
  8. Bassist96

Bassist96

Awesome thanks